Our 2015 DevOps sprint is over. It was a great time with all of you. Here is a brief summary of what has happened.
- pypi2nix, to create pure Nix environments directly from PyPI packages. (Rok, Christian Kauhaus)
- Setting up Hydra and a custom NixOS channel for Flying Circus virtual machines (Christian Theune)
- Figuring out how to use nixpkgs and custom extensions together. (Answer: we fork it and use git merging which also allows easily sending pull requests back).
- Baking a custom NixOS base image into a Vagrant box using packer.
A variety of other topics were also investigated:
- The cusy.io crew started to integrate Sentry into their system.
- Arnold discussed his ideas around a merge bot, to reliably merge feature branches over multiple git repositories.
- Hynek had a look at Prometheus. I don’t know what the outcome was, though – he seemed excited at points. 🙂
- Stefan and Frank built a batou deployment for mailman 3. Turns out, mailman 3 is a bit different.
Hope to see everyone again, next year!